Gooey Funfetti Bars
The past few days have been delightfully warm; birds have been chirping, sun has been shining, and days have been filled with walks in the park. If I didn't know any better I'd say spring has sprung.
Add a pair of baby bunny ears gifted to mm by a good friend over an afternoon glass of iced tea, and you have a festive-feeling girl on your hands.
This batch of gooey funfetti bars channeled all my springtime feelings- giving the house the sweetest scent and the perfect pop of color.
And the bunny ears? They made for a great distraction while mama baked the afternoon away- or for a few minutes, at least.
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg2/3 cup sprinkles, divided
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9x9 pan liberally with cooking spray.
3. Combine cake mix, butter, and egg in the bowl of an electric mixer.
4. Mix until a thick dough forms.
5. Add 1/3 cup sprinkles; stir until incorporated.
6. Press about 1/2 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
7. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and remaining 1/3 cup sprinkles.
8. Pour condensed milk over the top.
9. Separate remaining dough into small balls and evenly space over the top of the bars.
10. Press down to flatten.
11. Bake bars for 30 minutes.
12. Cool completely before slicing.